Hepatitis A vaccine for adults is supposedly given to the first two injections every six months, while the last injection is scheduled a year after the second injection.
Hepatitis A is a contagious disease that is commonly spread in various countries, especially countries with poor sanitation and clean water sources. In Indonesia, the number of hepatitis sufferers has continued to increase over the past five years. Based on the Health Research Data (Riskesdas), the prevalence of hepatitis sufferers based on doctor’s diagnosis has doubled to 0.4% over the period 2013 to 2018. Get hepatitis A vaccine is the best way to prevent hepatitis A infected. However, not only children are required to get hepatitis A vaccine, but also hepatitis A vaccine for adults is needed.
Hepatitis A is an infection of the liver caused by virus called Hepatitis A Virus (HAV). Hepatitis A is very easy to spread as it is often transmitted through food or drink that has been contaminated by the feces of hepatitis A sufferers. For example eating or drinking by hepatitis A sufferers who don’t keep hands clean. Among other types of hepatitis, this type A generally does not cause severe liver damage or develop into chronic disease, but in some cases hepatitis A vaccine can lead to serious problem — even to death. In most cases, sufferers can recover in a few weeks without medical treatment. It is mild, however, the symptoms of hepatitis A can interfere or disturb daily activities. For that matter, get hepatitis A vaccine for adults is required in order to be protected from a variety of danger virus which can lead to liver infections.
Hepatitis A Symptoms for Adults
The symptoms generally appear after 2 to 6 weeks of contact with the virus. Those can be mild to severe. In general, hepatitis A begins with fever, headache, trembling, and muscle or joint pain. Sufferers will experience further symptoms such as:
- having dark yellow urine;
- looking fatigue and pale;
- easily getting nausea and vomiting;
- getting mild fever;
- feeling joints and abdominal pain;
- having loss of appetite;
- turning out into yellow skin and eye lining.
Treatments of Hepatitis A for Adults
There is no specific treatment to cure hepatitis A virus for adults, because in most cases, the body can recover by itself from infections within six months without causing chronic liver damage or complications. However, getting more rest, consuming high-calorie foods to intensify body immune, and avoiding drugs and alcohol consumption are the three treatments to reduce the symptoms. For intensive care, the prevention can be done by maintaining personal hygiene, avoiding interactions with sufferers, and avoiding homo-sexual relations.
Who is at High Risk of Hepatitis A Virus for Adults?
One of the most effective ways to prevent hepatitis A is to get hepatitis A vaccine for adults and children. The use of hepatitis A vaccine for adults has been proven to intensify body immune against disease-causing viruses.
However, hepatitis A vaccine has often been focused on infants and toddlers only. Most people don’t realize that adults also need to be vaccinated in order to avoid a variety of dangers virus. In other words, get hepatitis A vaccine for adults is required, especially for certain people, such as:
- Those who work with animals infected with hepatitis A — or work in a hepatitis A research lab;
- People who use drugs (with or without needles);
- Those who have chronic liver disease;
- People who work at food delivery places, such as restaurants, because hepatitis A disease is generally caused by the hepatitis A virus which usually spreads through food;
- Tourists or travelers who frequently visit certain countries needs to get hepatitis A vaccine before travelling;
- People who are at high risk of getting infected with virus also needs to be vaccinated because hepatitis A vaccine will help bodies to produce antibodies. This functions to survive the assault of hepatitis A virus.
Those people commonly are at high risk of hepatitis A for adults. However, getting hepatitis A vaccine for adults is required as well for every adults for prevention. To get the best protection, get hepatitis A vaccine for adults is the best way to prevent or cure the disease. In addition, hepatitis A vaccine for adults is required as it works to inject immunoglobulin to build immunity of viral infections which cause symptoms of hepatitis A.
Things to Do If You Experienced the Symptoms
- Have a professional health care
- Go to a doctor right away. If you are too busy with your daily activities then have no time to go to a doctor, you can simply book a doctor through Medi-Call Application on your mobile based on your nearest location. The doctor will immediately come to your location. For further information, you can also contact Medi-Call hotline at +62 81210783387.